Last week my son David and I had a small Rebels and Patriot game set during the Mexican-American War 1846-1848.
The scenario was a American colon that needed to exit the board to the East (1VP for each unit leaving the board) and a Mexican force to perform an ambush mainly from the South board edge to stop them (1VP for each American unit routed).
OOB - American (David)
- 3x Units of Line Infantry (one with the Leaders @ 4 points each
- 1x Unit of Light Artillery with Limber @ 6 points
- 1x Unit of Light Cavalry @ 4 points
- 1x Unit of Skirmishers @ 2 points
OOB - Mexican (Dalauppror)
- 1x Unit of Heavy Cavalry (with leader) @ 6 points
- 1x Small unit of Aggressive Heavy Cavalry @ 6 points
- 1x Unit of Mounted Skirmishers that are Good Shooters @ 6 points
- 1x Small Unit of Aggressive Shock Infantry (Dissmounted Heavy Cavalry) @ 6 points
Short recap of the game.
The Mexican was allowed to deploy one unit at the East board edge and the rest at the South, the American deplyed in Colon on the road from the West.
The American started to move along the road as the Mexican Cavalry tried to close in the distance to them... as the Mexican approached the American lined up along the road and opened fire with the Artillery and then the Line Infantry... Devestating result for the Mexican Heavy Cavalry...
It all lokked like an easy win for the American but the Mexican seemed to have extreme morale as they time after time passed Morale checks and continued the fight...
When the smoced cleared the Mexican forces was all routed but they had managed to cause 3 American to rout so it all ended upp in a Draw 3VP vs. 3VP.