|British Loyalist Skirmishers, American War of Independence, miniatures painted by my matey Jesper|
One of the most common questions I get regarding Rebels and Patriots are:
Can I use the Rebels and Patriots rules for this conflict...
The answer to that question is:
Yes you can!
...at least with a minimum of adjustments, if any at all.
|Swedish Light Cavalry charged by Russian hussars fielded as Shock Cavalry, Finnish War 1808-09|
Rebels and Patriots are writhen with a focus on North American Conflicts from the Seven Year War until the American Civil War and a bit further and we have included more than 40 example army lists for 13 different North American Conflicts:
- French and Indian War (1754–63)
- American War of Independence (1775–83)
- Northwest Indian War (1785–95)
- Mexican War of Independence (1810–21)
- War of 1812 (1812–15)
- Texas Revolution (1835–36)
- Canada Patriots Rebellion (1837–38)
- Mexican–American War (1846–48)
- Cortina War (1859–60, 1861)
- American Civil War (1861–65)
- The Mexican Adventure, French intervention in Mexico (1861–67)
- Fenian Raids (1866–71)
- What-if: British Intervention Force in North America (1860s)
|British Highlanders fielded as Shock Infantry, American War of Independance, miniatures painted by my matey Jesper|
With these army lists as a base it should not be a problem for you to make your own army lists for any conflicts raging over the globe during this period of history, in short ...Yes you can use Rebels and Patriots for other conflicts.
|Swedish Line Infantry in Close Order fielded as 2 units of Line Infantry, Finnish War 1808-09|
For example you can use the Rebels and Patriots rules for the Finnish War 1808-09 as I do, using the latest Perry Miniature range Napoleonic Swedes OR way not for Napoleonic Peninsular War games ;)
|Perry Miniatures, Swedish Infantry 1808, picture from www.perry-miniatures.com|
I even throw in a 24-point Peninsular War list I would use as a Christmas gift.
Sharpe´s Rifles 1809-12
- Officer Richard Sharp, Trait: Heroic Leader (1 mini)
- 1 unit of Veteran Skirmishers that are Sharpshoters - Chosen men of the 95th rifles (5 minis + Officer).
- 2 units of Light Infantry - Captain Fredrickson and 60th rifles (2x12 minis)
- 1 unit of Mounted Skirmishers - Teresa Moreno´s Spanish guerrilla (6 minis, most on foot and a few mounted or horseholders)
As it happen Brigade Games have a extensiv Napoleonic range with a bunch of minis that look very much as the charachters in the Sharps serie, all sculpted by the most talanted Paul Hicks.
|Brigade Games, British RiflesVeterans Command - Chosen Men, picture by Paul Hicks|
I hope you all will have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !
By the way... on Christmas eve there is only one month untill Rebels and Patriots are published:)